You have the option to add your own market forecasts in addition to the forecasts provided by the application and select the one that you would like to use for your optimisation.
This option should only be used by the companies who have the means to provide the most scientific and up-to-date estimate of the future price developments for a long period of time. It is crucial that the data is based on a thorough and up-to-date fundamental analysis of the gas and electricity markets.
HOW TO ADD YOUR FORECAST ?
To add your forecast, follow these steps:
- In the dashboard, click on the 'Market forecasts' tab on the menu bar.
- Click on 'Add your forecasts' button in the 'Market forecasts' page.
- Now under the 'General information' tab, fill in the name of your forecast, choose the country and the supply (gas or power), and click on 'Next'.
- Under the 'Forecasts' tab, add the date and values for your forecasts (CAL+1 reference) and click on 'Add' after filling in each data set. Click on 'Next' to continue.
Note : Indicate the price evolution for the reference product CAL+1 for the upcoming months (e.g., the price of CAL2022 in 2021, CAL2023 in 2022, etc.). There is always a margin of uncertainty, which is why we ask you to indicate three values : the price you think is most likely, the minimum value and the maximum value that it could reach on the same date.
- Under the 'Argumentation' tab, add a summary of the main events of your forecast in the text box, explaining the elements and assumptions on which your forecasts are based.
- Click on 'Create market forecasts' to complete the procedure.